Hormone Balancing Quick Tips
Here are 10 quick tips for GETTING and KEEPING your hormones balanced.
- Increase your cardio – in order to be balanced between your brain and body – you have to work your body. Strive to break a sweat and go for anything that gets your heart rate up for 30 minutes (at least) 5 -7 days a week.
- Increase your fiber – the right kind of fiber that is…soluble fiber intake means it can dissolve in water – which is good. Apples, oranges, psyllium, cucumbers, celery, most veggies, are perfect. Insoluble fiber comes from grains (not so good) and these do not dissolve in water. Studies now show we need insoluble fiber for better hormone balance and better glucose balance – and of course to avoid weight gain. Insoluble fiber binds to estrogen and helps carry it out of the body – instead of accumulating and causing too much estrogen like stimulation to tissues.
- Manage your stress by breathing every time you feel your body tense up (this might be all day) – saying NO as many times as you say YES – Stop being so angry and resentful – Start being grateful for at least 4 things every day (new things) – Let go of the ego with having to be the best, getting it all done, or not letting it go… Let it go…. or you will be dragged!
- Get to sleep at night. Turn off the computer, TV and other crazy nighttime stimulants and get to bed now. The extra sleep you will get will help you recover during the night and manufacture hormones necessary to get you through the next day without feeling wiped out- emotional – fat and brainless.
- If you are crashing after meals – stop eating food that is killing you. Eat only whole foods (non-man-made foods) eat lean proteins, veggies, some fruit, nuts, seeds, legumes, and very limited if any grains. It is likely if you are crashing that you exceeded your carbohydrate intake for that meal. This increases the insulin production leaving you feeling fat, tired, and grumpy, and craving more sugar or bread/chips/starch/comfort foods. Just stop and say NO… it’s all a lie.
- Add Fish (low mercury fish) and Eggs to your diet. These foods contain methionine, folic acid, and choline that enhance the pathways in the body for natural detoxification – eliminating excessive hormones and heavy metals and decreasing cancer-causing build up.
- Add Yoga if you can or start your day with prayer, meditation, or quite time to set your brain in a balanced, free, and calm state – you may need to repeat throughout the day. Studies show that 10 minutes of clearing your mind and stopping all incoming traffic will help lower stress hormone levels and give you the extra drive you need to get through your day, while not suffering the consequences of stress.
- Play, laugh, spend time with friends, enjoy good –pleasurable sex, hug, massage, and find some good happiness in your life. All of these activities raise dopamine levels, which directly communicate with hormones for men and women – creating good balance and support to the entire system. Huge benefits here!
- Stop eating 2-3 hours before bedtime – this will allow your body to spend more time and energy on hormone production and recovery while you are sleeping rather than digestion – it is also very good for your waistline! Trade in your toast and grains at breakfast for protein. Eating eggs in the morning instead of toast will support the metabolism rate for the day and will create a better glucose balance and ultimately more energy and fewer cravings.
- Consider a hormone balancing testing program – this will test all hormone levels most important for balancing the ovaries-adrenals (stress glands) –thyroid for women AND testes-adrenals- thyroid for men. This ultimately takes ALL of the guess work out of your on-going symptoms drama and allows for hormone experts to identify the underlying problems to give you the tools you need to feel great and find relief of the nagging symptoms.