YEAST Symptoms and Causes
So plain and simple – anything that upsets the normal balance of the gut can cause an overgrowth of the pesky yeast organisms – CANDIDA. It is the overgrowth of these organisms that can really make you sick.
Let’s start off with identifying the potential causes of YEAST OVERGROWTH in the gut.
- Bad Breath
- Yeast Infections
- Weight Gain
- Diarrhea, Gas, Bloating, Cramps, Heartburn, Nausea, Gastritis
- Skin problems; psoriasis, dry patches, brown spots, or rough skin
- Fatigue –exhaustion – especially after eating
- Itchy skin
- Athletes foot
- Mood swings
- Vaginal itching – yeast
- Brain Fog
- Attention related issues
- Chronic ear infections
- SUGAR SUGAR SUGAR – the most favorite food of the YEAST organisms
- Antibiotic use –they wipe out everything that is good and bad in the gut allowing for yeast to overgrow.
- YEAST foods and GRAINS
- Birth Control Pills
- Steroid use (Prednisone)
- Alcohol intake –yeast and sugar combo – the perfect drink for Candida
- Compromised immune system – prolonged illness, poor health habits, poor diet
- Increased- Toxic Stress
PRECIPITATING FACTORS AT WORK:
- Antibiotics (typically frequent use of these close together) will change the gut flora. Antibiotics can attack lactobacillus acidophilus, which provides a way for Candida organisms to take over and potentially cause the symptoms of Candida. Lactobacillus releases acid into the environment to make it less favorable for Candida to overgrow.
- Environments that weaken the immune system. Persistent use of alcohol, chronic steroid use, cancer chemotherapeutic drugs, prolonged illness, smoking, lack of exercise, lack of sleep or poor nutrition, or chronic use of foods with preservatives, artificial ingredients, and toxic chemicals, or foods with antibiotics.
- Female Factors: Women typically have a higher incidence of Candidiasis. Fluctuating hormones, with higher estrogen levels – which tends to compromise the immune system and resulting in overgrowth of Candida Albicans.
- Female anatomy lends itself to the easy hibernation of candida from the rectum to the vagina to the urinary tract – all warm, moist environments that yeast –candida thrives well in.
- The diet is the number one precipitating factor with Candida. The massive amounts of refined carbohydrates (basically white foods, foods make with flour, gluten, sugar, or excessive starchy carbohydrates) turn to sugar the minute you put them into your mouth (Snickers Bar metabolizes as sugar at the same rate as bread in the mouth). The years of eating this way can lead to what used to be a strong, healthy, nutrient and chemically balanced intestine to a lifeless, weak, imbalanced tube that is rotting with excessive fecal matter encrusted to its walls. This constant chemically imbalanced colon is a breeding ground for toxic waste, bacteria over-growth, and candida. This leads to the poor absorption of all of nutrients and minerals and vitamins to support your entire system, and eventually you become malnourished just based on the fact that you are not absorbing at the gut level – hence you become sick from the inside out.